Memory cards are extremely popular as external storage drives in the field of digital media devices. Since flash cards are compact in size and provide huge storage space, they are widely used in digital cameras to store the captured pictures. Popular flash drive manufacturers released different type of memory cards such as SD card, XD card, CF card, etc. In order to avoid the compatibility issues while using flash memory cards in different operating systems, all most all the flash memory cards use FAT file system.
Sometimes data stored in flash cards become inaccessible due to corruption of memory cards. Flash memory cards get corrupt due to various reasons like virus infection, file system error, application malfunctioning, improper plug and play procedure i.e. the card from the device when there is a read/ write process in progress and many others. In order to access the corrupted card it is mandatory to format but formatting erases all the data stored in the flash card which finally leads to of files.
Since most the times flash card deal with photos and other media files, losing of favorite photos is really frustrating. By some precautionary measures you can avoid the loss of data up to some extent but it is not possible to completely eradicate the digital data loss. Like every problem, there is a solution to also. With the help of memory card recovery software it is very simple to undelete pictures from SD card and flash cards.
is you need to choose efficient recovery software. With an appropriate recovery utility you can retrieve data after format from the corrupted flash cards. One such advanced and trusted memory card recovery software which can recover files from corrupt memory card is File Recovery. This tool facilitates you to recover all popular audio, video and image file formats from different type of memory cards. Apart from memory cards, this utility also helps in recovery of files from USB drive, hard drive, external drive and iPods.
Simple steps to recover files from corrupt memory card:
- Launch the installed demo version of File Recovery Software either by double clicking on or from . appears as shown in fig below.
- Click on “Recover Files” to proceed. The software will give two options i.e. Recover Deleted Files and Recover Lost Files. Since the card is corrupted select “Recover Lost Files”. Now the software will shows the list of available storage drives as shown in fig below.
- Select Memory card and click on “Next”to proceed. Now the software will display the list of file types that can be recovered from memory card as shown in fig below.
- Select the type of files which you wish to retrieve and click “Next”. scans the memory card for the specified type of files and displays the list of recovered files as shown in fig below.
- Select a file and click on “Preview”. If you are satisfied with the recovered results, activate the software and save the recovered files to desired storage drive.