Flash drive can be used as a storage module which is made up of flash memory chips. As they are used in various multimedia devices, chances of getting corrupted are more. To recover deleted/lost files from flash drive, you can use this powerful file recovery software which supports recovery of files from FAT16, FAT32, ExtFAT, NTFS and NTFS5 partitions/drives. This software can be used on both Windows and Mac computers for file recovery after system crash. It scans the entire flash drive for the recovery of files by using an in-built advanced algorithm. It can be used to undelete picture files from SD card, XD card, MMC and CF card, which are lost due to corruption. This tool provides the facility to save the recovery session for its further use in order to save the time and system resources needed for scanning of files.
After the recovery of files from flash drive, you can preview the recovered photos before saving them. This software provides the option of saving the recovered data to CD/DVD and also compressing it to save the disk space. This file recovery tool can also be used for data recovery from failed hard drive and external hard drive such as SATA/SCSI/IDE and also FireWire drives, even if they are formatted. Data loss scenarios for flash drive, in which use of this software is recommended, are discussed here:
- Due to virus attack on flash drive, data may be lost or become inaccessible to the host operating system, as it will not be detected by BIOS.
- When you accidentally delete some files from flash drive using “Shift+Delete” key combination on Windows or “command+delete” on Mac computers, it will bypass the recycle bin or Mac trash.
- When you try to open the drive for flash drive, due to corruption, sometimes you are asked to format the drive as data becomes inaccessible. When you format it, data present on it will be lost.
- High temperature and the number of read cycles performed on flash drive affects its retention which indicates how long the flash drive will maintain its programmed state, when not using power. Corruption increases with the decrease in retention duration.
- When flash drive is unplugged from the computer without using “Safely Remove Hardware” wizard, chances of files getting corrupted are more.
To overcome from the above mentioned scenarios, it is always safer to use this file recovery software. Follow the below mentioned steps to recover files from flash drive:
Step A: After downloading the software, install and launch it using the desktop icon. A welcome screen appears as shown in Fig. A, select “Recover Files” option from the screen.
Fig A: Welcome Screen
Step B: On the next screen, select “Recover Lost Files” option to recover lost files from your flash drive. Now a new window with the list of detected partitions/drives appears, as shown in Fig. B. Select the flash drive and click “Next”.
Fig B: Select Flash Drive
Step C: Software scans the entire flash drive. Once the scanning process accomplishes, list of recovered files is displayed, as shown in Fig. C. You can use either “Data view” or “File Type view” option to view the recovered data list, and then save the data after purchasing the full version.
Fig C: List of Recovered Files